APPLICATIONS LAB ENGINEER (MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL)
The position, which is based in Rochester, NY, is listed below. First, here's a bit more information about Ambrell:
Who is Ambrell Corporation?
Founded in 1986, Ambrell is a leading manufacturer of induction heating solutions. Systems are made at our modern manufacturing facility in Rochester, NY, with sales and support offices in the United Kingdom and Netherlands plus a global distributor and channel partner network.
Systems are sold to leading manufacturers to produce cutting-edge products in industries such as automotive, aerospace, semiconductor, medical manufacturing, research and more. Over 17,000 systems have been sold into 50 countries.
What is Induction Heating?
It is a precise, repeatable, non-contact method for heating electrically-conductive materials like brass, aluminum, copper or steel or semiconducting materials like silicon carbide. Induction is commonly used for applications such as annealing, bonding, brazing, curing, forging, heat staking, material testing, shrink fitting and soldering to name a few. Induction is typically more efficient and safer than competitive heating methods.
What Benefits Do You Offer?
- Company sponsored health care, including a 100% company-paid option
- 401k program that includes a generous company match
- Company performance bonuses
- Vacation, PTO and company holidays
- Professional training opportunities
- Educational assistance
- Company events including holiday parties, picnics, ice cream truck visits, lunches and much more
The Applications Lab Engineer responsibilities are:
- Support company teams and customers with expert-level knowledge of Ambrell products, the induction applications for Ambrell products and the integration of Ambrell products.
- Make necessary engineering calculations to support product selection/recommendation.
- Assume a technical relationship with sales prospects, customers and internal team members on assigned projects.
- Support sales by evaluating customer needs, assisting with development of sales proposals and the presentation of sales proposals.
- Perform application lab duties including Lab Service Requests (LSRs), application evaluations, feasibility studies, application testing, induction calculations and reporting.
- Travel 30% (short notice and/or unplanned)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Materials Sciences or Engineering
- Proficient in MS Office (word processing, spread sheets and data bases), e-mail and web searches
- Ability to bring customer-focus and professional ethics to all interactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent autonomous problem solving ability
- Consistent, clear, concise and proactive communications of relevant project status
- Willing to travel 30% - unplanned and/or short notice
Click here to apply today!