APPLICATIONS LAB ENGINEER Co-Op (MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL)
The position, which is based in Rochester, NY, is listed below. First, here's a bit more information about Ambrell:
Who is Ambrell Corporation?
Founded in 1986, Ambrell is a leading manufacturer of induction heating solutions. Systems are made at our modern manufacturing facility in Rochester, NY, with sales and support offices in the United Kingdom and Netherlands plus a global distributor and channel partner network.
Systems are sold to leading manufacturers to produce cutting-edge products in industries such as automotive, aerospace, semiconductor, medical manufacturing, research and more. Over 17,000 systems have been sold into 50 countries.
What is Induction Heating?
It is a precise, repeatable, non-contact method for heating electrically-conductive materials like brass, aluminum, copper or steel or semiconducting materials like silicon carbide. Induction is commonly used for applications such as annealing, bonding, brazing, curing, forging, heat staking, material testing, shrink fitting and soldering to name a few. Induction is typically more efficient and safer than competitive heating methods.
What Benefits Do You Offer?
- Company sponsored health care, including a 100% company-paid option
- 401k program that includes a generous company match
- Company performance bonuses
- Vacation, PTO and company holidays
- Professional training opportunities
- Educational assistance
- Company events including holiday parties, picnics, ice cream truck visits, lunches and much more
MUST LIVE IN THE CITY OF ROCHESTER
The Student Laboratory Engineer will participate on customer and company projects that involve experiments and testing to determine whether Ambrell induction heating products can be applied to solve specific industrial heating problems.
The Student Laboratory Engineer may, under the guidance of experienced application laboratory personnel, set-up experiments, design and build test coils, perform thermal (theoretical) calculations, run experiments and record results and various other Applications Lab duties. The individual will participate in all phases of the thermal solution, from design to conceptualizing and then setting up a simple experiment to prove feasibility. The individual will have the opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in the field of induction heating.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Study and understand the customer issues and problems with thermal problems
- Work with the team to design experiments
- Set-up experiments
- Perform experiments and record results
- Author laboratory reports for customers and Ambrell sales
- Evaluate the feasibility of an induction solution for the customer
- Participate in team discussions that may include customers
- Discuss conceptual solution ideas with the application laboratory staff and managers
- Implement a laboratory scale setup to prove the feasibility of the solution
- Create applications laboratory videos, upload to the cloud
- Help maintain cleanliness in the application laboratory
- Mechanical Engineering with an interest in thermal processes
- Materials Sciences with an interest in thermal processes
- Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on analog and power electronics (not digital electronics)
Click here to apply today!