Fastener manufacturing with induction heating
Induction heating can easily be integrated into the thread rolling production process and has proven to be a more rapid and consistent method of heat that leads to superior repeatability and increased production efficiency in high-volume parts manufacturing.
Benefits of using induction heating for thread rolling include:
- Precise even heating of only the threaded part of the fastener for less material stress
- Higher productivity: decreased cycle times mean increased production rates
- Higher quality parts: produces stronger, more durable threads
- Economical: reduces tool wear for longer tool life
- Efficient: instant on/instant off, no oven ramp up time or heating the surrounding space
Read about 'Induction Heating for the Fastener Industry'