About Induction Heating
Can induction heating be used in thread rolling?
Fastener manufacturing with induction heating
Induction heating can easily be integrated into the thread rolling production process and has proven to be a more rapid and consistent method of heat that leads to superior repeatability and increased production efficiency in high-volume parts manufacturing.
Benefits of using induction heating for thread rolling include:
- Precise even heating of only the threaded part of the fastener for less material stress
- Higher productivity: decreased cycle times mean increased production rates
- Higher quality parts: produces stronger, more durable threads
- Economical: reduces tool wear for longer tool life
- Efficient: instant on/instant off, no oven ramp up time or heating the surrounding space