About Induction Heating
Is induction heating used in bolt and screw heading?
Induction heating is commonly used for preheating bolt and screw heads prior to forging. Induction heating offers many benefits for the warm or hot heading process, including:
- Consistency: direct application of heat for precise, even heating of the part
- Quality: elimination of the springback effect for higher quality parts
- Increased productivity: reduces need for post-production tempering and heat treating
- Safe: Low pressure and minimal residual stress on parts
- Economical: reduces pressure on the die and extends die life
Read about 'Induction Heating for the Fastener Industry'