Induction heating is commonly used for preheating bolt and screw heads prior to forging. Induction heating offers many benefits for the warm or hot heading process, including:
- Consistency: direct application of heat for precise, even heating of the part
- Quality: elimination of the springback effect for higher quality parts
- Increased productivity: reduces need for post-production tempering and heat treating
- Safe: Low pressure and minimal residual stress on parts
- Economical: reduces pressure on the die and extends die life
Read about 'Induction Heating for the Fastener Industry'